Thursday, April 29, 2021

morning workout: low impact and restorative

Equipment needed:
Jump rope
Single kettlebell

Workout:
Jump rope until you miss or run out of steam
Waiter walk with kettlebell 50 yards. Repeat with opposite hand.
Repeat for 10min

I love morning workouts, but they dont love me. Thats not to say im not awake or cant turn on the juice, but my joints and back typically arent ready to party until im damn near done. This is where injuries start my dudes. As much as i want to do deadlifts and swings, this isnt the time. 

The morning workout posted above is a nice comprimise. Get the blood flowing, conditioning work is claimed, and i get to work on my oblique strength without the mind numbing boredom that is side planks. 

<rant>
I hate side planks so fucking much. They heal my back as much as they hurt my shoulder. The tradeoff is not desirable. 
</rant>

No comments:

Post a Comment

humbled

Nothing gets me more interested in programming than getting injured. I look at training modalities like a starving man looks at a Chiles men...