Thursday, April 15, 2021

Caffeine (back on and off the wagon) and thoughts about recovery

Caffeine

My wife and I returned to caffeine after about a month of nothing. It was like a light got turned on in my head that had been off for a long time. I then crept into the daily coffee habit I've had since I was 18.

Quitting again this week sucked, but not nearly as bad as the first time (where I was guzzling 32oz+ a day easily). About 2 days of feeling tired and experiencing mild headaches was the rhythm here.


Recovery

It's always spooky when you are already going down a thought process, and suddenly an article or video shows up discussing that literal God damn thing. Mythical Strength posted an article (http://mythicalstrength.blogspot.com/2021/04/if-you-want-to-get-bigger-stop-lifting.html) on lifting less often to foster hypertrophy.

When I look back at 2020, my best progress was made with this exact schedule:

3-4 HARD training sessions a week filled in with conditioning on my off days (or get this, GASP, off days are actually off). We'd like to think that more is better when it comes to growth, but this only really applies if you can recover from your sessions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

humbled

Nothing gets me more interested in programming than getting injured. I look at training modalities like a starving man looks at a Chiles men...