Monday, March 8, 2021

reducing dopamine dump | day 4-6 | good bye coffee

Everything has been pretty normal to be honest.

I miss the 'high' feeling of caffeine, but otherwise I feel rested and good. Work performance has not been impacted one iota (surprising!). Workout intensity took a hit overall, but I found some interesting side benefits:

  • Moderate intensity work (i.e. hypertrophy) lends itself very well to this lack of GO JUICE.
  • My recovery is better. Like way better. Either I'm not pushing as hard, or my body is able to recover better via sleep or just because i don't have shot adrenals.

Overall pleased with how this is going. I'll start checking in at the week level instead of daily since the daily levels of improvement and changes are not as pronounced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

humbled

Nothing gets me more interested in programming than getting injured. I look at training modalities like a starving man looks at a Chiles men...