Friday, September 11, 2020

Back assistance with suspension trainers

I just got a brand spanking new suspension trainer (trx knockoff, all of $37) and im in looooove baby. Couple of quick notes on pull day assistance work.

Back: suspension shrugs > band pulldowns)
I've always hated pulldowns. I have no idea why, they just never felt good to me. After a couple of harder sets with weighted inverted rows, i still want something light to get some blood in my back. Ive been doing band pulldowns out of desperation, but i really don't feel like i get a lot out of them. I pull. I get tired. I step in. I pull. Repeat until i can't step in anymore bored bored bored.

Enter today. Bodyweight shrugs allow for a ton of volume that i feel throughout my back (even traps!!). Lean back as if you were about to do an inverted row with you feet planted on the ground. Then shrug and squeeze your back. Use your arms as little as possible. When you run out ot steam, step backwards and continue the set with a different angle.

This shit is money.

Biceps: trx > rings
Maybe my rings are too high off the ground. Maybe it's maybeline. Dont care. Ive been tooling around with pelican curls (also called mephesto curls, cool name bro) to no avail. Likewise, regular ring curls are too easy unless i go one arm at a time.

Using the trx knockoffs handles (as opposed to the rings) it's a shitton easier to grip and focus the tension on my biceps as the reps progress. At no point did i feel like my hands were getting torn up. Again. Money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

humbled

Nothing gets me more interested in programming than getting injured. I look at training modalities like a starving man looks at a Chiles men...